Our Focus is on Your Health and Wellness
The care provided at the Wedgewood House for Seniors is focused on promoting the health and wellness of our senior residents in the following ways:
- Our delicious home-cooked food is prepared onsite in the Wedgewood House kitchen. Our menu is reviewed and approved by a qualified dietician. We pride ourselves on quality home-cooked meals that are tailored to meet the special dietary needs of our senior residents.
- Daily assistance and supervision of medications.
- Onsite medical care by our House Doctor. Our House Doctor, Dr. Stuart, visits all of residents on weekly basis to ensure that their special medical needs are being met.
- Social activities and companionship. We are all social beings and we can only thrive when we are surrounded by people that care. Although every resident of the Wedgewood House enjoys the privacy of their own room, a helping hand and caring face is always close by. We also provide a variety of social activities that add to the richness of our life at the Wedgewood House. Social activities include: presentation of movie classics on our big screen projector; games; weekly Sunday service; and social events that are open to our residents’ families such as our recent Easter Monday Afternoon Tea and our Apple Blossom Dessert Patio Party. We are the proud sponsors of Princess Kentville, Miss Mackenzie Ellsworth and the Apple Blossom Festival Eighty Years of Dreams.
- Delicious food
- Cheerful reminders for medications
- Onsite deliver of medications
- 24 hour personal and supervisory care
- Good friends and companionship
- Onsite footcare
- Onsite haircare